Reservoir Technology Center
Accurate. Dependable. Fast.
Chesapeake's success in unconventional reservoirs starts with accurate core analysis. Commercial labs use outdated methods to analyze core samples, which is why we opened our own Reservoir Technology Center. Our unconventional reservoir core analysis provides more than a one-off report. It tells a story, giving us the big picture we need to make the right decisions.
Coupling the impressive functionality of the center with employee’s innovative thinking, pioneering technology and quick turnaround time, the facility is a proven success. So much so, it recently opened its doors to outside business to reduce operational costs and fund future development projects. The facility is currently partnering with some of the nation’s largest E&P companies.
- We can analyze up to 500 feet of core in less than three weeks
- We deliver precise results in areas commercial labs don’t — low-perm reservoirs
- Our innovative approach led to Chesapeake’s success and dominant leaseholds in unconventional shale plays including the Haynesville, Marcellus and Utica
- More than 60,000 feet of core analyzed to date
- Only natural gas and oil company lab performing routine low-perm reservoir core analysis
Our team’s ongoing research focuses on:
- Core Analysis — further developing instrumentation and extending capabilities related to reservoir development
- Geochemistry — improving predictions for thermal maturity and expected liquids production
- Rock Mechanics — advancing triaxial rock failure analysis, acoustic velocity and unconfined compressive strength measurements in fracture growth and geometry models. Our superior results come from the experience of analyzing more than 60,000 feet of core and using the data to develop predictive petrophysical models. After measuring those models against actual, observed production, we are confident our data is the best in the industry.
50+ Plays Analyzed, Including:
- Anadarko Basin tight sands
- Barnett Shale
- Eagle Ford Shale
- Haynesville Shale
- Marcellus Shale
- Mississippi Lime Play
- Niobrara Shale
- Utica Shale
For more information or to schedule a tour of our facility, please contact Don Harville at 405-935-8124 or contact us via email.