Owner FAQs

Our Owner Relations staff can answer any additional questions that may not be listed below. Simply call our specialists at 877-245-1427 from 9:00  11:00 a.m. and 1:00  4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9:00  11:00 a.m. on Friday, Central time, or email our Owner Relations team.

Read these important FAQs on escheat and escrow.

Q: How do I notify Chesapeake of an address change?

A: Download the Change of Address form found under Important Documents and follow the accompanying instructions. This form can be submitted by either mail or email.

Q: Can I set up direct deposit?

A: Yes, we have an electronic funds transfer (EFT) option for our revenue interest owners. EFT payments are only available for accounts drawn within the United States. If you elect to receive electronic payments, you will no longer receive your payment detail by mail. However, you can access the detail online and can have the detail emailed to you through the owner portal. Download the Direct Deposit form to begin enrollment.

Q: What is the purpose of my owner number?

A: Your owner number is specific to you and is tied to every Chesapeake well connected to you. Always use your owner number when corresponding with Chesapeake.

Q: When should I receive my check?

A: Chesapeake generates and mails revenue checks on the last business day of each month. If your account is in a pay status and if the account has reached your minimum pay status, a check should be issued. If you have not received your check by the 15th of the following month, please call us at 877-245-1427 or email our Division Orders Department.

Q: What are stale-dated checks?

A: Revenue checks are not negotiable after 90 days. Checks more than 90 days old are considered stale dated and can be re-issued by returning the check to the address below. Chesapeake will include this amount, with full detail, on your next revenue check.

Chesapeake Energy
Attn: Revenue Department
P.O. Box 18496
Oklahoma City, OK 73154

Q: Why is backup withholding deducted from my revenue check?

A: Until we have a valid Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number on file for you, the Internal Revenue Service requires that we withhold 24% of all revenues (30% for foreign residents) until the information is provided. Complete and submit a W-9 to contact@chk.com to avoid future withholdings.

Q: Why have I not received a revenue check?

A: Visit the Payments to Owners page for details on why a payment may be delayed and what is required to release the payment.